Friday, August 18, 2006

More on Xtreme Programming

This is the most lucid,comprehensive article that describes the XP Project development life cycle.
A little more I would want to add -

Planning

  • We have a 3-5 day service Level agreement to finish a story....as opposed to the 2-week SLA. Again, it all depends on the complexity level of the domain and the efficiency of the coders. Nevertheless, 5 days is reasonable time, I believe.
  • Our average story (for my team...Gondor!) capacity for a Sprint (Iteration in months) are around 15. However, the first phases of the development tie the metrics to the story count but the more product reaches the production date, the dashboard is measured against the number of scenarios the s/w can cover(Quality Vs. Quantity of the stories, rather say)
  • Demos at the end of completion of each story - Again, nothing hi - fi..just TPOCS, SPOCS and the pair programmers sitting at a machine and showing the functionality just like college kids show their work to each other....Beauty lies in simplicity! and ayeeeee! I finished my first demo to my client. But still, haven't taken the wheel.
  • You see our whole development ambience clad in Yellow - Blue - Green stickies and cards
Design
  • Make sure the business logic is always kept in the domain as opposed to the GUI. To be precise, the test code should be separated from the business code which should be separated from the Presentation Layer. I know, this is what Martin's Design Patterns speak about too. I was just talking aloud, I guess. So, basically - Struts' philosphy!

more .....in my lunch break

aah! well! I now have no mood to ramble about XP - All I can talk about is the Choclate cake from decadent desserts....Ummmm........Ummmm..I can still relish the taste! It was Darla's surprise bridal shower today at work. More surprising than the delicious cake is our singing.....
Jacqueline and Keralea gave Scrupulous training to the PAS Team on the high and low notes of this song that we sang.....

O Happyyyyy Daaaaay!
O Happy DaaaAy!
O Happyyyyy Daaaaay!
O Happy DaaaAy!
When Darla gets married -
O Happy DAy!

yeyeyeye! Time for the "Sweet" moment - the choclate cake moment. It was indubitoubly the scrumptious choclate cake that my taste buds approved of! Albeit, I resisted from having the second helping :)

No comments: